Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu is a role-playing game developed by Game Freak and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch in 2018. It is a remake of the classic Pokemon Yellow game, with updated graphics, gameplay, and features. The game allows you to catch and battle Pokemon in the Kanto region, with the help of your partner Pikachu, who stays by your side throughout the adventure.
If you want to play Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu on your PC, you can use YUZU, an experimental Nintendo Switch emulator that can run many Switch games with high performance and compatibility. YUZU is an open-source project that is constantly being improved by a team of developers and contributors. You can download YUZU from its official website:
How to Download and Install Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu for YUZU
To play Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu on YUZU, you will need two things: the game ROM and the prod.keys file. The game ROM is a digital copy of the game that you can obtain from your own Nintendo Switch console or from other sources. The prod.keys file is a file that contains encryption keys that are needed to decrypt and run the game on YUZU.
Disclaimer: We do not condone piracy or illegal downloading of games. You should only download games that you own legally. We are not responsible for any consequences that may arise from following this guide.
Step 1: Download the Game ROM
You can download the game ROM from various websites that offer Switch games, such as https://switch-xci.com/ or https://nxbrew.com/. Make sure to download the correct region and version of the game that matches your prod.keys file. The file format should be either .xci or .nsp.
Step 2: Download the prod.keys File
You can obtain the prod.keys file from your own Nintendo Switch console by following this guide: YUZU Emulator Prod Keys
Alternatively, you can download the prod.keys file from other sources, such as https://github.com/JackInTheShop/AIO-atmosphere-updater/releases or https://github.com/emuworld/aio-switch-updater/releases
Make sure to download the latest version of the prod.keys file that matches your firmware version.
Step 3: Install YUZU and Configure It
After downloading YUZU from its official website, extract it to a folder of your choice and run yuzu.exe. You will need to configure some settings before you can play the game.
- Go to File > Open yuzu folder and create a new folder called keys inside it. Copy and paste the prod.keys file into this folder.
- Go to Emulation > Configure > System and select your region, language and time zone.
- Go to Emulation > Configure > Graphics and select OpenGL as the API. You can also enable or disable other graphics options according to your preference and system specifications.
- Go to Emulation > Configure > Controls and set up your input device. You can use a keyboard, a mouse, a controller or a combination of them.
- Go to Emulation > Configure > Audio and select cubeb as the audio backend. You can also adjust the volume slider as you wish.
Step 4: Load the Game ROM and Play
To load the game ROM, go to File > Load File and select the .xci or .nsp file that you downloaded in step 1. The game should start loading and run on YUZU.
Enjoy playing Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu on your PC!
How to Optimize Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu for YUZU
If you want to improve the performance and graphics quality of Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu on YUZU, you can use some mods and tweaks that are available for this game.
Mods are modifications that change or enhance some aspects of the game, such as resolution, framerate, aspect ratio, graphics effects, etc. You can download mods for Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu from this website: https://yuzu-emu.org/wiki/switch-mods/
Some of the mods that you can use for this game are:
- Full Speed: Makes the game run full speed at 60 FPS
- HD Texture Pack: Improves the texture quality of the game
- No Outlines: Removes the black outlines around the characters and objects
- Aspect Ratio Mods: Makes the game render with different aspect ratios, such as 16:10, 21:9 or 32:9
To install mods, you need to create a new folder called mods inside the yuzu folder and copy and paste the mod files into it. Then, you need to enable the mods from the Properties menu of the game. To access the Properties menu, right-click on the game icon in the yuzu game list and select Properties. Then, go to the Mods tab and check the mods that you want to use.
Tweaks are settings that you can change in the yuzu configuration file to optimize the game for your system. You can find the configuration file in the yuzu folder under the name yuzu.ini.
Some of the tweaks that you can use for this game are:
- Use Disk Shader Cache: Enables disk-based shader caching, which can reduce stuttering and improve loading times. To enable this tweak, set use_disk_shader_cache=true under the [Renderer] section of the yuzu.ini file.
- Use Asynchronous GPU Emulation: Enables asynchronous GPU emulation, which can improve performance and reduce input lag. To enable this tweak, set use_asynchronous_gpu_emulation=true under the [Renderer] section of the yuzu.ini file.
- Use Fast GPU Time: Enables fast GPU time, which can improve performance and stability. To enable this tweak, set use_fast_gpu_time=true under the [Renderer] section of the yuzu.ini file.
- Use VSync: Enables vertical synchronization, which can prevent screen tearing and improve smoothness. To enable this tweak, set use_vsync=true under the [Renderer] section of the yuzu.ini file.
Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu is a remake of the classic Pokemon Yellow game that you can play on your PC using YUZU, an experimental Nintendo Switch emulator. By following this guide, you can download and install the game for YUZU and optimize it for your system using mods and tweaks. We hope you enjoy playing Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu on your PC!